Saturday, March 13, 2010

SO SORRY!

So its been forever since I posted, I'm sorry!

We have a crappy internet connection. I know that's not an excuse but really, it literally took me five minutes just to LOG IN! I keep having to turn my airport on and off again so the signal will go back up to half bars and not just one.


So here's the happenings in Chicken Land AK. I came home from Vegas and my younger sister who was watching the chickens saved me 12 dozen eggs! YEAH 12! So I quickly gave most of them away and ate the rest! haha. The chickens WERE enjoying the nicer warmer weather BUT mother nature has decided it's not spring here yet and has hit us with 20 below zero again. I dont mind because its easier to clean the chicken house when its that cold, they all huddle to one side while I'm cleaning to stay a little warmer because some of the heat is coming off the floor from their crap. I literally have a steaming pile of SH*T when I'm done. :D

Speaking of sh*t, I am working on my shigaloo but I've had a setback with that warm weather we had a few weeks ago, some of my blocks have fallen apart and I think some kids kicked one of them to the side. I'm not really excited about moving another 50 lb frozen brick of sh*t again, I already did it once, why should I do it again? Oh yeah, because everyone wants to see the shigaloo... I was thinking of moving the whole thing to the middle of the lagoon, or maybe off to the side because its going to turn into one big soupy mess in the spring, and not to mention the SMELL? oh my goodness... yeah, I think I'll move it! Maybe I can con my little brother in law to help me, he's always helping me with the heavy lifting and stuff.

What else? Chisana from  NAPA has been saving their old popcorn for me and its an absolute treat to the chickens, they LOVE LOVE LOVE popcorn. Thanks!

My "cousin" Susan just told me the other day she's thinking about getting chickens again, I told her to tell me when she's going to order them so I can get some Turkey's at the same time, I want to get just a couple and not the minimum for traveling. So we're going to get together and make a Triple D Farms order soon, I'm excited! More baby birds.

My dad was talking about getting quail in Chickaloon. I would love for him to get something to keep him more busy. As if building a house isnt going to keep him busy enough! hehe. 


Anyway that's all the happenings here in Frozen Chicken Land, AK! I hope I found you all in good health, spirits, and so sorry about not blogging sooner!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this is Tiffani here at napa, i read about the chickens eatting popcorn :D i will save our old popcorn for your chicks.

    ReplyDelete